Ramen has been a staple in Japanese cuisine for over a century, but its popularity has only grown in recent years with the rise of food trends and the fascination with unique flavors.
One such variation is chili oil ramen, which adds a spicy kick to the traditional dish.
In this blog post, we'll explore how to make this flavorful recipe from scratch.Ingredients:
- 4 packs of ramen noodles
- 8 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp neutral oil (such as grapeseed or vegetable oil)
- 2 tbsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp Szechuan peppercorns
Chili Oil Recipe:
- In a small pan, heat the neutral oil over medium heat.
- Add the chili flakes and Szechuan peppercorns, and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain the oil into a small bowl, discarding the chili flakes and peppercorns.
In a large pot, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat.
Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
Add the broth, soy sauce, miso paste, and rice vinegar, and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Cook the ramen noodles according to package instructions.
Drain the noodles and divide them into four bowls.
Pour the broth over the noodles and top with the sliced green onions and chili oil.
Assembly and Serving:
Add any desired toppings, such as soft-boiled eggs, bean sprouts, or bok choy.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Chili oil ramen is a delicious and unique twist on the classic dish that offers a spicy kick and depth of flavor.
With this recipe, you can easily make it at home and customize it to your personal preference.
Give it a try and impress your friends and family with your newfound culinary skills!
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE: